The Summer Staff of New England Frontier Camp are men and women from all over the country who choose to serve the Lord in ministry here each summer.
Most of our counselors and their families are known to us and have been closely associated with NEFC for many years prior to joining our Staff. The majority of these men have grown up in the program as they have progressed from campers themselves, usually going through our Frontiersmen and Counselor-In-Training programs.
Some additional Staff Qualifications:
- Staff must complete an application to serve.
- Staff must pass background checks, and provide references for character and prior work experience.
- Almost 95% of our Staff are certified by the American Red Cross in Lifeguarding or First Aid & CPR.
- We have at least one member of our Health Team on duty every day camp is in session. Our Health Team are all either an RN, LPN, EMT, or MD.
- All our staff that interact with youth undergo training for working with youth, and are closely monitored and reviewed by supervisors as needed.
- Campers are always supervised by at least two staff members.
- Staffers teaching archery, and riflery are trained and overseen by certified instructors.
- New England Frontier Camp is licensed and recognized as a Youth Camp by the State of Maine, and therefore is inspected regularly for safety and compliance.
If you have any questions regarding our staff and the quality of support and interaction your camper will have while attending NEFC, please feel free to contact the Camp Director by phone (207)925-6735 or by email, Director@nefc.org
If you would like to serve on staff as a paid employee, intern, or volunteer, please email Director@nefc.org for more information and to receive an application packet.